Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A battle

I have to say that lately it just seems to be a lot of negative energy floating around my world.

Sorrow has inflicted many I know and me as well. Health issues. Disease. Death, accidental and the worse kind, the taking of another's innocent life. I have to admit it is a struggle not to let it consume me, Not to weigh me down in sadness. Sometimes it is harder than others. I try very hard not to get stuck on whys and ifs. Especially when whys are unanswerable and the ifs are in hind sight. But like I said, it is hard.
Yes, there is evil in world.
Yes, there is death and disease.
Yes, there is devastating natural disaster.
Life can change in  moment. No one is immune.

But then I think of my amazing, excepting, loving family. My mom. Husband, kids, brothers and sisters.
I think of my family of friends, wonderful, compassionate, intelligent women.
I think of the unbelievable Martial Arts community/ family I am lucky to be a part of.
I can not but smile. How incredibly lucky I am to have these people in my life.
Are our lives perfect? No. Are we perfect? No. But we are good people.

So my first ninja weapon against the sad, the evil, the horrible in the world is my sight. I see the happy, the good, and the amazing in the world and it soooooo has the tactical advantage. The sheer numbers of positive and good crushes the negative and bad.

My second ninja weapon is my voice. To speak up when you see injustice or when someone is in need.

The third ninja weapon is to act. Doing something to make the world a safer, healthier place. No matter how small.

Be observant

1 comment:

  1. You are right my friend. I have to look around me and see the positive too, to remember that I am not going to get through this life unscathed. It is hard to not let the negative weigh us down, but only we can control our reactions to it I guess. Here's to overshadowing the negative with the positive.

    ReplyDelete